Hi Benrhard,

I did work through those logs/files; everything is as it should be and no
clues as to what is amiss. Have also worked through the relevant pieces of
WeeWX code in case there are some peculiar circumstances causing windGustDir
to be lost and I can find nothing wrong in the code. I have just spent some
time running the simulator to mimic a WH1080 and it produced windGustDir
from windDir as it should. My next step will be to instrument some code to
send to you to run with your station so we can hopefully find out where in
the chain windGustDir is getting lost or why it is not being produced.
Unfortunately I have run out of time tonite so will post some code for you
tomorrow.

Gary