It is possible to reset the mysql root password as long as you have root access
to the OS it’s running on.  (Yes, I know this for the obvious reason….)  There
are a couple of ways to do this; here’s one:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-reset-your-mysql-or-mariadb-root-password

<https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-reset-your-mysql-or-mariadb-root-password>

  -Les