On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 9:07:20 AM UTC-7, G Hammer wrote:

> Here's the answer:
>
> Oct  3 12:05:58 ftp weewx[725]: restx: RainMachine: Failed upload attempt
> 1: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify
> failed (_ssl.c:726)

Can you tell me what weewx version are you using ? (weewx -v). I'm using
the latest from git (3.9.0a1) and works fine.
The issue comes from the fact that RainMachine local network https uses a
self-signed certificate. I could work around the verification in the
extension code but not sure I should do that as seems that weewx might
handle that already.

What I'm going to do is to add an optional no ssl mode that should work.

Thanks,
Nicu