This is exactly how I have it in my graphs.conf. Which is the same as the
wiki and the example.

[day]
    title = Today since Midnight
    show_button = true
    button_text = Today
    time_length = today
    gapsize = 300000

    [[avgclimatethisyear]]
        title = "Average Climatological Values for This Year"
        type = spline
        time_length = year
        aggregate_type = max
        aggregate_interval = 86400 # 1 day
        gapsize = 86400000
        xAxis_groupby = month
        xAxis_categories = 'Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun', 'Jul',
'Aug', 'Sep', 'Oct', 'Nov', 'Dec'
        [[[outTemp]]]
            zIndex = 2
            name = Max Temperature