DarkSky announcement on it's blog: https://blog.darksky.net/

Excerpt regarding DarkSky free Weather API: "Our API service for existing
customers is not changing today, but we will no longer accept new signups.
The API will continue to function through the end of 2021."

Its sad, troublesome and concerning, as myself use DarkSky API for other
forecasts.

Immediate reaction from the tech
World:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/1/21202259/android-weather-app-dark-sky-apple-purchase-api

Quick list of 'almost free' Weather
APIs:
https://rapidapi.com/blog/access-global-weather-data-with-these-weather-apis/

Two really free, and consistent, Weather APIs:

   - NOAA: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/webservices/v2

Note: I may assume that using NOAA it is going direct to main weather data
source; also been ".gov" might be free for long

   - YR.no:

https://hjelp.yr.no/hc/en-us/articles/360001940793-Free-weather-data-service-from-Yr

Excerpt note from YR.no API webpage: "You can get a lot of the content on
Yr for free, to use for various applications and services. This is a unique
offer in Europe. In other countries weather data is highly valuable and
expensive."

Congrats Pat!
Xant