Glenn:

Thank you for your response.

apt show ow-python  <<< does not show anything

apt show python-ow   <<< returns 3.2p3+dfg1-2

apt show owserver  returns info so I assume that owserver is installed.

Do I need to uninstall things as per the referred post??

  - Start from a fresh system (no other owfs components installed) and
install owserver and ow-shell:
  $ sudo apt install owserver ow-shell

  - Delete (as root) the hyper-verbose default debian /etc/owfs.conf file
and use this minimal config:
  server: usb = all
  server: port = 4304

  - Enable and start the owserver
  $ sudo systemctl stop owserver
  $ sudo systemctl enable owserver
  $ sudo systemctl start owserver

Current {OWFS}
interface = u
driver = user.owfs
[[sensor map]]
outTemp = /uncached/28.6E175D040000/temperature

Do I just need to change the "u" to localhost:4304 or any other changes
need to be made??

Sorry for all of the questions as I said that I design hardware and am
familiar with Windows. Linux is a new experience for me.
Then again, I might as well spend the time at home learning new things. :)

Thanks again.