I upgraded my 18.04 but I just did apt update
It asked to change the source list for weewx.
and it came back and said that weewx could be upgraded.
I did apt dist-upgrade
I didn't have to do anything else.

I think is you ran this:

wget -qO - http://weewx.com/apt/weewx-python2.list | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/weewx.list

To get the python 2 files it would work...