EVERYONE:

The default python for debian 9 and 10 is *Python 3*, not Python 2. This
includes all debian stretch- and buster-based distributions, such as
Raspbian, and Ubuntu.

If for some reason you want to continue using Python 2 on these systems,
you can do so, but you will have to (1) make sure the prerequisites are
there, and (2) invoke the executables using the explicit version of Python.

-tk