Hello,

The move from python2 to python3 is a mess because of the way python is
designed and the many incompatibilities between them.
I think what was done by the weewx developer was the right one, even the
necessary one. But user need to be careful that just installing python3
does not mean that all libraries/package are updated at the same time.
pyephem is a python package, but not part of the python package. It must be
installed independently.
I had to install (I use mysql/mariadb not sqlite3 as support dB):
     sudo apt install python-mysqldb
     sudo apt install python3-mysqldb
Hope this helps.
Thanks again to the installers!      Paul