Tom:

Thank you for your response. I was aware of this issue which is the reason that I asked if there was a way around it. The thread does not seem to indicate a solution.

Assuming there is a workaround, how to upgrade without losing the configuration (weewx.conf) and the previous data in the database, etc.

One of the reasons that I would like to update to 4.1.1 is the greater number of temperature inputs in the schema. I have run out of temperature inputs and still have four or five more to add. I assume that I can add to the 3.92 database setup but I am a hardware designer and am afraid of messing thing up in Linux and Python and so forth.

If there is no solution to using owfs under Python 3, how do I install 4.1.1 and specify to use Python 2?

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.

Michael