On 22/06/2020, michael form <mike.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glenn:
>
> I will follow up on what you said and hopefully, things will go smoothly
> with the upgrade to 4.1.1.

To be hoped.
And let us know either way.  :-)

Information is king.

Hopefully I've supplied enough over on my fork, I've update the readme
with a note to read the pydoc output at bin/user/pydoc_owfs.txt which
is in the repo (also the zip file) if you need to know more (possibly
than you want to) about some of the quirks of the drivers
installation.

If you find them lacking in some measure, let us know, here or at github.

When you're close to something it takes a special skill to write good
documentation as we all tend to make assumptions from our own
knowledge base.

Now that this driver can run with 1 of 2 modules, as well as the 2
python versions involved it's all got a lot more complicated and
that's without adding owserver and the busmaster devices into the mix.

>From your end.

1.
If you need to send a log extract, include plenty of it, and forget
about sending the short systemd log. Make it a copy, or large extract
from syslog, from start to finish.
The owfs.py driver will log the module it is using straight after
weewx starts up and that alone is valuable information. weewx also
logs the python version that it is using and that is also essential in
this case.

2.
Need to know the complete [OWFS] entry from weewx.conf, In fact, it's
best to use the  wee_debug tool and send the lot.

3.
Finally your complete /etc/owfs.conf file

> I will certainly let you know if it doesn't. :)

:-) And when it does work!

Good luck.

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie