Hi just revisited my weewx.conf.... I believe I only have one driver
PiWeather, the OWFS is configured as a service as per the instructions in
owfs.py..
Place this file, owfs.py, in the weewx 'user' directory
or wee_extension will install it there.

To use as a driver:

[Station]
    station_type = OWFS

To use as a service:

[Engine]
    [[Service]]
        data_services = user.owfs.OWFSService

My weewx.conf has
[Engine]
    # The following section specifies which services should be run and in
what order.
    [[Services]]
        prep_services = weewx.engine.StdTimeSynch
        data_services = user.owfs.OWFSService, user.aircon.AirconService
        process_services = weewx.engine.StdConvert,
weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC,
weewx.wxservices.StdWXCalculate
        xtype_services = weewx.wxxtypes.StdWXXTypes,
weewx.wxxtypes.StdPressureCooker, weewx.wxxtypes.StdRainRater,
weewx.wxxtypes.StdDelta
        archive_services = weewx.engine.StdArchive
        restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry,
weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather,
weewx.restx.StdCWOP, weewx.restx.StdWOW, weewx.restx.StdAWEKAS,
user.mqtt.MQTT, user.twitter.Twitter
        report_services = weewx.engine.StdPrint, weewx.engine.StdReport

In data services I also have a service  to collect temperature data from
our aircon system to display within the skin as well as OWFS..
As to what is seen in the log about this, is way above my pay grade....:)

What is interesting about all this was that when I upgraded to 4.3 this
month, for that day, rainRate was recorded.
I will do the rain test as well as full restarts to see if anything pops up.
The biggest change to my system of recent months has been the addition of a
MQTT broker for the Belchertown skin...I did have some issues with rain
being displayed in cm not mm and there is an addition to the MQTT section
in weewx.conf to correct this...at that time I had also a section for
rainRate but disabled it to try and fault find this
problem....Coincidence???
I will also disable any other skins and use just the Standard skin to
ensure there is nothing happening there.

Neville