Hi,

I've spent a bit of time today observing your clientraw.txt and Belchertown
web site. On thing I have noted is that your clientraw.txt only updates
approximately every 1.5 to 2.5 minutes. This suggests that loop packets are
not coming in very often and they arrive irregularly. This could be causing
some odd effects, in particular with wind where there a couple of fields
that are calculated as aggregates over one minute. It might be useful to
see what loop packets you have coming in and what their contents are. To do
this stop WeeWX and then run WeeWX directly
<http://weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#Running_directly>. This will display
loop packets (lines starting with LOOP:) and archive records (lines
starting with REC:) on your console. If you like let WeeWX run for 15
minutes or so and capture and post the screen out (as text).

Just hitting the issues you have noted so far:

clientraw.txt location. Can be controlled with the rtcr_path config items
as per my previous post. Any luck with this?

day max/min outTemp times. As you posted earlier these time are now
updating. Throughout today (9th) when I have looked at your clientraw.txt
the max/min outTemp times have been correct. It is possible to have some
discrepancies with these values when WeeWX is first started but I'm not
sure that is what was happening here. I suggest we monitor this for the
next couple of days, particularly for the rest of the day after a WeeWX
restart. If the issue comes back I can give you an instrumented version of
rtcr.py to give us more detail on exactly what is happening.

dewpoint. Appears to be fine as far as I can tell, every time I have looked
the dewpoint value in clientraw.txt has agreed with your station.

avg wind speed/wind gust speed discrepancies. I gather here you are looking
at the Saratoga or Alternate dashboard? (is your Saratoga dashboard
publicly accessible? If it is could we have the address or if you don't
wish to make it public could you advise me via 'reply to author' or by
email to gjroderick at gmail dot com. There is a wealth of debug
information built into the dashboard). If I understand you correctly you
originally had field 140 (max gust in last minute) as average speed on the
dashboard but changed it to field 1 (average wind speed in last 60
seconds). You also had field 1 (average wind speed in last 60 seconds) as
gust speed on the dashboard but changed it to field 2 (current wind speed).
If that is the case I am not surprised you were initially seeing average
wind speed higher than the gust speed as the you had a gust speed field
displaying as average and an average speed field displaying as gust speed.
I would be sticking with the original values in ajaxWEEWXwx.js (circa lines
762-772):

//Wind gust
var gust = convertWind(clientraw[140]);
var maxgust = convertWind(clientraw[71]);
if (maxgust > 0.0 ) {
set_ajax_obs("ajaxmaxgust",maxgust.toFixed(1) + uomWind);
} else {
set_ajax_obs("ajaxmaxgust",'None');
}

//Windspeed ...
var wind = convertWind(clientraw[2]);

or perhaps changing gust to field 133 (max gust last hour) given your
rather long loop period.

rainrate. Sounds like that is now working, unfortunately I have not
observed any rain on your site.

Gary