Something like that is obviously needed. I don't know how my copy of the
code omitted the test for hauteur_soleil being > 0. There are a number of
sources from which I may have copied it, and I didn't keep links to all of
them, but I can't imagine why I would have deleted the test if my source
had included it. I will obviously add it to my working code.

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 2:45:42 AM UTC-4 jterr...@gmail.com wrote:

> [...]
>
> or more recently
>
>  if hauteur_soleil > 0:
>
> in the function, and this test is not on your function.
>
> It should be :
>
>  hauteur_soleil = asin(sin((pi / 180) * latitude) * sin((pi / 180) *
> declinaison) + cos(
>         (pi / 180) * latitude) * cos((pi / 180) * declinaison) * cos((pi /
> 180) * angle_horaire)) * (180 / pi)
>  If hauteur_soleil > 0:
>
>   seuil = (0.73 + 0.06 * cos((pi / 180) * 360 * dayofyear / 365)) * 1080
> * pow(
>          (sin(pi / 180) * hauteur_soleil), 1.25) * coeff
>   else :
> seuil = 0
>  return seuil
>
> Le 30 juin 2022 à 22:52, 'Peter Fletcher' via weewx-user <
> weewx...@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
>
> That was going to be my next step! In fact, iterating through a list of
> the dateTime values that produce the errors in the real code and passing
> each value to the function confirms that it is the specific dateTime values
> that are causing the function to misbehave. The returned results are all
> complex numbers with negative and numerically identical (for a given
> dateTime) real and imaginary components. It does seem to be a bug in the
> function. I assume that hauteur_soleil should always be >=0. It appears
> that, for my latitude and longitude and for the given specific values of
> dateTime, it becomes negative. The last step in the calculation then
> involves raising a negative number to a non-integral power, which is
> guaranteed to produce interesting results! The really odd thing is that
> math.pow is not returning a ValueError, which the docs say is what should
> happen under these circumstances, but apparently trying to return a
> (possibly) valid complex result.
> On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 3:07:38 PM UTC-4 jterr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> The only clue I have is that the problem is not due to an « overloading »
>> of your raspberry pi, but seems to occur with specific dateTime values.
>> You can try to run your script only with a « bad » dateTime :
>>
>> "SELECT dateTime, Radiation from archive where dateTime = 1592614500 »
>>
>> Does the error occurs ? If yes, you can try to add debugging print
>> commands inside the sunshineThreshold function to try to understand.
>>

>> Le 30 juin 2022 à 19:51, 'Peter Fletcher' via weewx-user <
>> weewx...@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
>>
>> It did as it seems you predicted - passed 1592614800 and stopped at
>> 1632611100. You obviously have a clue as to what is going on. Please
>> explain!
>>
>> On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 8:59:48 AM UTC-4 jterr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> If you exclude the first one,1592614500 , with a query like "SELECT
>>> dateTime, Radiation from archive where dateTime <> 1592614500", will the
>>> script stop at 1592614800 ( the next dateTime) or will it continue and stop
>>> at 1632611100 ?
>>>
>>> Le 30 juin 2022 à 14:34, 'Peter Fletcher' via weewx-user <

>>> 1632611100
>>> 1632611400