I took advantage of the opportunity to start with a new OS install and did
a pip install. After installing extensions and copying the database to the
new location, I edited in the changes from my old weewx.conf file.
Surprisingly, I had old driver detritus like interceptor entries that no
longer apply.
I use MQTT for several things. Mosquitto doesn't like to share anything SSL
related when not running as root. Once done, every piece of the puzzle runs
as a user. No more root.