On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 01:15:03AM +0100, Patrick Aljord wrote:

> I think one of the barrier to using SIP phones is the configuration
> part about giving your sip proxy server,  user name, auth name etc. So
> it would be great to have template that user could contribute to OW
> for the service they are using.

Thats a good idea. In the new account page we could have plugins for
several platforms so that a user only has to enter username/password for
a specific service. Maybe this should be hosted on an external page so
that you don't have to update wengo for getting latest account
information. For some providers this could even be dynamically generated
from the provider's information page.

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:26:05AM +0100, Vadim Lebedev wrote:

> >Good point Tanguy! I think we should keep support for both centralized
> >presence server and P2P SIMPLE for the sake of NATed users.
> >
> Sure, this feature should be activated per account/virtual line

... and the type of presence would be one of the config options.

When we're at it: Wengo currently has a very specific role in the code
for e.g. presence. There is code like

if (contact->getProtocol() == EnumIMProtocol::IMProtocolWengo) {

that specifically asks for wengo-specific protocol support. Also video
support (hasVideo) and hasVoiceMail currently seem to be tied to wengo.
Is this support special for wengo in that it isn't implemented on top of
SIP but some proprietary protocol(s)? Maybe we should document the
requirements for offering these services (e.g. SMS is one such service
where for a contact we might simply add a SIP URL where SMS should be
sent).

So what are the plans of refactoring the hard-coded wengo-specifics into
user preferences for a certain service? For IM there already is some
preferred contact, I'm thinking of doing this for other services (SMS)
too.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  Fax:   +43/2243/26465-23