Hi all,

Darshaka Pathirana a écrit :
I am not even able to login. Are my settings correct? Does anybody
have experience with connecting Wengophone to the ekiga.net server?

I tried this (it didn't work) and the result of my test was: the HTTP tunnel proxy which helps to pass through NAT doesn't work with a generic SIP account.

Wengo tries to connect to ekiga with "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (why that?)
and gets a "401 Unauthorized" back from ekiga.net. After that
Openwengo tries to REGISTER with "From:
<sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" but this time never gets an answer.
What's going on there?

The first register with nobody is a "SIP ping" to test the server. It is defined in wifo/netlib/src/netlib.cpp. It needs improvements but it works fine in your case.

I don't remember why you have a response to the SIP ping but not for the true register. I think that the solution is in HTTP proxy...
Could you send your wireshark log ?

The HTTP tunnel is not implemented in generic SIP. You can check it in SipAccount::discoverForSIP (wengophone/src/model/account/SipAccount.cpp) and in WengoAccount::discoverForSIP (wengophone/src/model/account/wengo/WengoAccount.cpp). I ever tried to implement HTTP tunnel in generic SIP but it didn't work. I think that it is a political reason in proxy implementation.

--
Thomas