Hi!

On 24.02.2008 18:58, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Darshaka Pathirana a écrit :
>> I am not even able to login. Are my settings correct? Does anybody
>> have experience with connecting Wengophone to the ekiga.net server?
>
> I tried this (it didn't work) and the result of my test was: the HTTP
> tunnel proxy which helps to pass through NAT doesn't work with a generic
> SIP account.

Does that mean WengoPhone is not (and never was) able to connect to
any other SIP-Provider (because the HTTP tunnel proxy does not
support that)? This IS serious (at least for me). Any ideas on how
to overcome this limitation?

>> Wengo tries to connect to ekiga with "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (why that?)
>> and gets a "401 Unauthorized" back from ekiga.net. After that
>> Openwengo tries to REGISTER with "From:
>> <sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" but this time never gets an answer.
>> What's going on there?
>
> The first register with nobody is a "SIP ping" to test the server. It is
> defined in wifo/netlib/src/netlib.cpp. It needs improvements but it
> works fine in your case.

Ok. That sounds ok.

> I don't remember why you have a response to the SIP ping but not for the
> true register. I think that the solution is in HTTP proxy...
> Could you send your wireshark log ?

Yes I have the same concern. I've attached the pcap-file of my trace...

> The HTTP tunnel is not implemented in generic SIP. You can check it in
> SipAccount::discoverForSIP (wengophone/src/model/account/SipAccount.cpp)
> and in WengoAccount::discoverForSIP
> (wengophone/src/model/account/wengo/WengoAccount.cpp).
> I ever tried to implement HTTP tunnel in generic SIP but it didn't work.
> I think that it is a political reason in proxy implementation.

Ok. Thank you for pointing out. I had no idea that SIP is tunneled
through a HTTP tunnel. Is there no other solution? It seems that I
have to read into it...

So my first statement seems to be true... right? *sigh*

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
 - Darsha