ott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>                             So if short release cycles mean
> lots of campaign churn, expect reduced translation activity.

I don't think these two things are coupled.  For one thing, I think
most of the campaign churn we're going to see in the foreseeable
future has already happened, so a change in cycle length has little
room to affect it.

On the addition side, the seven new campaigns during 1.3 is a burst of
additions that I think is quite unlikely to be duplicated in the
future.  For 1.5 my most optimistic projection is to do two lifts,
Delfador's Memoirs and Legend of Wesmere, and nobody else is planning
any lifts at all AFAIK.  (If we go to a 6-month cycle I'll cheerfully
settle for just one of those.)

On the subtraction side, I think I've eased the pressures that used
to lead to campaign removals a lot by (1) writing the sanity-checkers,
and (2) inventing the role of mainline campaign maintainer.  We now
have at least three of those -- zookeeper, Mythological, and me -- and
judging by the low frequency of campaign bugs reported on the tracker
I think we're doing a good job of keeping on top of the problem without
overworking anyone.

In truth, I think we could as much as double the number of campaigns
we now carry without straining the mainline maintainers unduly.