Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 02:35:40 -0700
From: alit...@yahoo.com
To: westnilenet@kym.net
Subject: [WestNileNet] A LEVEL RESULTS 2010.

Dear colleagues,

 Greetings during this lent period. Many thanks for your contributions to the
debate on the above subject. Iam still expectantly waiting for a virtual friend
to post for us the summary of the A level results for schools or some schools
in West Nile regions.
However it is clear that our attention to education of our children should be
tackled from a holistic approach because success in examinations is also
related to a strategic or deep learning style. Reasons for relatively high
failure rate in west Nile schools is unlikely to be explained by absence of
good and committed teachers. The cause of the poor perfomance may more likely
be the poor study habits of our current generation of students in west Nile,
indequate commitment of most parents and some few teachers due to economic
reasons and thirdly  most private schools established by our own people in the
region are not inspired by the need to improve students performance but the
need for money.
Private schools like Ushindi SS and Christ The King P.S should be uplaunded for
their good performance in the 2010 O level and PLE exams respectively. If a
model A level private school inspired by the need to improve students
performance could be established and we build on the Govt effort in Public
Schools we may see some opportunity to improve the standards in our schools.
Remember the story of St. Charles Lwanga -Koboko, When many west nile students
were refused admissions in St josephs Ombaci in the 60s and 70s on the pretex
that they were not 'bright ', an Italian verona father(RIP)   opted to
establish St .Charles Lwanga-Koboko to absorb the west nile students  and to
prove to  the management of ombaci by then that they were wrong to  refuse
admissions to west nilers and after just 2 years, Kobokos performance  was
better than that one of Ombaci . So the issue is inspirational to a large
extend.

Note that each of us in positions of responsibility outside Westnile and within
the region should also personnally be concerned and involved in affairs of at
least schools in our villages, parishes or sub counties individually( At least
one school)  and support or take part in some annual event in the schools as a
member of board of governors,as a committee member or a concerned citizen of
that area. We should not abandon the schools to our parents,students and the
teachers and wait to lament when the  results come out.
I lead by example in Oleba S.S and Arua Public S.S where i have been a long
serving board member and signs are that results are improving yearly in their
Olevel exams. I support efforts by OBs of Mvara and Ombaci in thier efforts.

I would like to invite a serious investor to Arua to invest in a quality  A
LEVEL Secondary school, then most of our children may not have to study down
country.
Till then have a good day.

Candia Tom Aliti
Principal Finance Officer
Budget and Finance Division, Planning Department,
Directorate of planning and Development,Ministry of Health.
P O Box 7272,Kampala.
Mob Tel. +256772574789
Email: alit...@yahoo.com.

In justice and moments of decision, do not maintain attitude of indifference.

above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments
if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way.