use
robots = on/off in your wgetrc
or
wget -e robots = on/off URL in your command line

Jens

PS: One note to the manual editor(s?):
The -e switch could be (briefly?) mentioned
also at the "wgetrc commands" paragraph.
I think it would make sense to mention it there again
without clustering the manual too much.
Currently it is only mentioned in "Basic Startup Options"
(and in an example dealing with robots).
Opinions?