> Yes, because this is in th HTML file itself:
> "http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Ftp/UpLoad/index.html";
> It does not work in a browser, so why should it work in wget?

It works in the browser:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Ftp/UpLoad/
The is no index.html and the content of the directory is displayed.

In mirror mineraly.feedle.com it is different as you can see.

> > > as you can see in the mirror:
> > > http://mineraly.feedle.com/
> Both the original site you are starting from
> (http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/ ) and this mirror seem identical to me
> in this aspect?!

No, they are not! In the original it is:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Ftp/UpLoad/
and in the mirror
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Ftp/UpLoad/index.html
The link was not converted properly, it should be:
http://mineraly.feedle.com/Ftp/UpLoad/
and it should be without any index.html, because there is none in the
original.

Hrvoje mentioned that it works correctly under the newest Wget version
though. So perhaps it is just a fault of a bug in older version.

> > it changed the address to non-existent:
> > http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Gify/ChemFan.gif
> > and the picture is not displayed.
> > Why is it doing that?
> Probably because this is the way it is written in the HTML of the page:
> "http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Gify/ChemFan.gif";
> Also, the image does not display in a browser,
> so why should wget find it?

It displays!
That is the address of the image in the source:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/ChemFan/Gify/ChemFan.gif
(source page is: http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/ )

and that is in the mirror:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/Mineraly/Gify/ChemFan.gif

while it rather should be
http://mineraly.feedle.com/Gify/ChemFan.gif

> I hope I am not misunderstanding you, but I can see no fault in wget's
> behaviour.

Hope you see it now. That is however in 1.8.1 version.

a.