Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

 The regexp API's found on today's Unix systems
might be usable, but unfortunately those are not available on Windows.

My personal idea on this is to: enable regex in Unix and disable it on Windows.

We all use Unix/Linux and regex is really usefull. I think not having regex on Windows will not do any more harm that it is doing now (not having it at all)

for consistency and to avoid maintenance problems, i would like wget to have the same behavior on windows and unix. please, notice that if we implemented regex support only on unix, windows binaries of wget built with cygwin would have regex support but native binaries wouldn't. that would be very confusing for windows users, IMHO.

I hope wget can get conection cache,

this is planned for wget 1.12 (which might become 2.0). i already have some code implementing connection cache data structure.

URL regex

this is planned for wget 1.11. i've already started working on it.

and advanced mirror functions (sync 2 folders) in the near future.

this is very interesting.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net