Mauro Tortonesi wrote:
for consistency and to avoid maintenance problems, i would like wget to have the same behavior on windows and unix. please, notice that if we implemented regex support only on unix, windows binaries of wget built with cygwin would have regex support but native binaries wouldn't. that would be very confusing for windows users, IMHO.
Ok, I understand.
I was thinking in a #ifdef in the source code so you can:
- enable all regex code/command line parameters in Unix/Linux
- at runtime, print the error "regex not yet supported on windows" if any regex related command
  parameter line parameter is passed to wget on windows/cygwin

this is planned for wget 1.12 (which might become 2.0). i already have some code implementing connection cache data structure.
Excelent!
URL regex
this is planned for wget 1.11. i've already started working on it.
looking forward to it, many thanks!

--
Oliver Schulze L.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>