Jochen Roderburg wrote:

I have now tested the new wget 1.11 beta1 on my Linux system and the above issue
is solved now. The "Remote file is newer" message now only appears when the
local file exists and most of the other logic with time-stamping and
file-naming works like expected.

excellent.

I meanwhile found, however, another new problem with time-stamping, which mainly
occurs in connection with a proxy-cache, I will report that in a new thread.
Same for a small problem with the SSL configuration.

thank you very much for the useful bug reports you keep sending us ;-)

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net