At 20:21  -0500 11/12/07, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
El Mar 11 Dic 2007, Dave Singer escribió:
 At 13:09  -0500 11/12/07, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
 >Fact: Vorbis is the *only* codec whose patent status has been widely
 >researched, nearly to exhaustion.

 You are clearly completely unaware of the extensive analysis done of
 other codecs, including those that are licensed.

And all those other analyses have yielded us this stalemate?

I am not yet ready to say we are at a stalemate here; I simply believe that it is desirable to get everyone (including Nokia and Microsoft as well as Apple) on board. That's in all our interests, and I continue to work to that end.

That is a testament to the value of standards.  No one ever said you didn't
make standards.  I claimed you made *proprietary* standards.

That is an oxymoron. Ogg is NOT a standard; it is an open-source effort. H.264 (for example) is NOT proprietary, but a multi-vendor-developed international standard. But you knew this; you're just trying to use emotional terms.

Playpens where
only the big boys get to play and the rest get to pay.  But in all fairness,
I should bring up that you also made Zeroconf possible, and that's awesome.

Thank you.
--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime