The last paragraph in section 4.6 of the Web Storage draft (10 April 2009), mentions a "native ordered dictionary data type". The URL to the section in the draft is here:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/#database-query-results

This is the first time I've seen the requirement for such a beast. You can understand the desire for it, given the context, but still. Does anything else in JavaScript make use of such a data structure? It's not clear to me how you would even use it, without something like a list comprehension, or some other functional construct. It's hard to imagine how someone might make use of the ordered-ness in a plain old for/in loop, for instance.

It would also be impossible, in the JavaScript in use today, AFAIK, to emulate this with user-land JavaScript.

--
Patrick Mueller