To throw in my 5 cents:
If tour is just needed for panos we could do a <pano>-tag, for that we need the distorted 360°-pano-image and do a rendering of it in the browser into a 360°-pano.
What's needed is something like:
+ image-source
+ image-width and height
+ tilt- and pan-angle
+ initial field of view (fov) definition
+ min and max for tilt, pan and fov
+ an auto-setting for automatic playback
+ quality-settings for how exactly the rendering is done.
+ maybe an attribute to number the panos if you wanna make a tour
+ maybe an attribute for cylindrical or spheric pano
+ maybe preloading-images if it's an hires-pano
It is not a complete list

A good link for how pano-viewing works is: http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html

+ location on the image: x and y (CSS:position, top, left)
+ width and height (CSS)
+ maybe action-status: what action should be done on clikcing the hotspot and how long, before the target-pano is loaded

Something else needed would be a possibility to cover the nadir (bottom of a pano) with a logo etc. with the use of an image or by inserting a caption (rectangle over the whole bottom with text) onto the pano-image which would then render in the pano itself as circle. This is used to cover the tripod if you shoot panos "quick and dirty" without own zenith- (top-image) and nadir-image.

It would be cool if transition/animation would be possible when you switch from one pano to the other. A zoom-in on the hotspot after clicking it looks nice

greets
Leo