On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice if there was a more declarative relationship between the
>> declarative fetch and the eventual use of the resource (assuming the
>> resources are on the same page).
>>

> I would like to break that dependency. I want layering separation where we
> have a clean way to fetch resources (with custom parameters like headers,
> priorities, dependencies, etc), and a layer that's responsible for
> consuming fetched resources for processing in the right context (enforcing
> security policies, etc), and at the right time -- e.g. see Example 3 under:
> https://igrigorik.github.io/resource-hints/#preload

So I guess my worry here is that the loose dependency could be hard to
debug. As a concrete example, we use crossorigin=anonymous on our <script>
tags so that we can get stack traces. My understanding is that this
requires an Origin header to be sent with the request and a CORS header in
the response. If my  <link rel="preload" doesn't have a crossorigin
setting, the requests wouldn't match up.

I guess what I'm asking for here is some programmatic way of connecting the
fetch with the consumption. For example, exposing the fetch object of the
rel=preload and allowing you to construct a script tag explicitly with the
fetch object.

-b