and that can easily be expressed with a

+0 i dont like it but not enough to block

-igor

On 12/7/06, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just doing it as the manual says :) If you get 3 times -0.5 votes,
that may be a strong indicator that it is not the way to go. IIUC part
of voting is the ability to disagree, either mildly, strongly, or even
unresolvable. This is reflected by the analog votes.

In this case, I don't want to block a consensus on the proposal (if
one is attained), but do think that the current situation serves us
well. i.e. if everyone else agrees to remove final from these methods,
I won't block it. That doesn't mean that I agree with the proposal,
nor that I don't care. I care enough to say that I don't agree, but
don't want to stop the show.

Martijn

> that has got to be one of the most idiotic things i have ever seen.
>
> so what does this mean?
>
> +1 -0.5 -0.5 -0.5 ? does that mean the vote doesnt pass? cause when you
add
> them up you get a -0.5
>
> can i vote?
> -

0.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

> -igor
>

> On 12/7/06, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > +0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okey with this.'
> > -0: 'I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.'
> > -0.5: 'I don't like this idea, but I can't find any rational
> > justification for my feelings.'
> > ++1: 'Wow! I like this! Let's do it!'
> > -0.9: 'I really don't like this, but I'm not going to stand in the way
> > if everyone else wants to go ahead with it.'
> > +0.9: 'This is a cool idea and i like it, but I don't have time/the
> > skills necessary to help out.'
> >
> > [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#Veto
> >

> > On 12/7/06, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > wtf is a 0.5 vote? can i vote 0.7 for and 0.3 against? my brain cant
do
> > > floating point math!
> > >
> > > /me kicks martijn in the ball
> > >
> > > -igor