Hi,

I just tried the kickstart successfully then thought I'd take a look at getting maven to build a war of the hello world example. For some reason I cannot get it to work. I have checked in the code to a public repository along with the maven configuration here:

https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/sandbox/wicket

The setup is rather rudimentary. The war builds just fine with a maven war. I can deploy it and get the following from the catalina logs on startup:

[21:49:16] INFO [wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet] - WicketServlet loaded application HelloWorldApplication via wicket.protocol.http.ContextParamWebApplicationFactory factory

So it looks like its working. I get the same message btw when I drop the helloworld.war generated from a maven war command into the tomcat webapps directory. Incidentally this is tomcat 4.1.31 running on 1.4.2_08 of the JDK on Linux FC4. The problem is when I navigate to http://localhost:8080/helloworld I get a directory listing showing the HelloWorld.html file in it. The servlet mapping comes into question here but it all looks good. I took it straight from the example. Could someone lend a hand to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I really want to get going on wicket since JSF is definately not an option after reading about wicket :).

Thanks much,
Alex