Why not keep wicket simple? I really like the simplicity of the dot notation
johan created. I think we should use [] only as a hint. By default wicket
tries to find a getter and then checks if the object is a list/set/map and
contains the key. The [] hint would tell wicket to skip the getter and go
straight for the contains check. I also like that any null link in the chain
results in a null.

If you really want the complete groovy syntax why not build a groovy
property model using groovy expression evaluator? Same goes for ognl.

My 2 cents.
-Igor