Not a markup container but a panel (that is besides page the one with there own markup)
should be able to render itself completely standalone.
But maybe i am mistaken? juergen?

On 11/7/05, Juergen Donnerstag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/7/05, Janne Hietamäki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
> > To answer you question: components must be attached to a page. This is
> > required to find the markup. I don't think we are able to support all
> > different kind of components without an attached page. Think about
> > Label etc which don't have an attached markup file.
> >
> > Juergen
> >

> Wouldn't it really be enough if components would only require to be
> attached to a MarkupContainer? This would add a lot of flexibility and
> reusability. And for example Label doesn't really need any markup,
> doesn't it?
>
> If Components have to be attached to a Page, I think I'll have to still
> use my wrapper.

Are you sure? Usually you render a page and a textbox which provides
autocompletion.  Will you ever render the textbox without prior
rendering a page?

Juergen