Just to clarify...

1) It makes no sense to expect Googlebot to retain a session (contains
PageMap, etc) for stateless pages because multiple bots hit the website
at the same time in a non-linear order. If we try to force some sort of
linear state on Google it might end up with "Page is expired" where it
does not make sense.

2) Page indexability is *very* important to me, even more important than
page expiration and back-button support. Not sure about how it affects
other users.

        If one of the developers could post more technical details behind this
problem maybe other users on this list will have some ideas on how to
solve it. I'm sure Wicket isn't the first framework to run into this
sort of problem, how did others solve it?

Gili