From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vincent Jenks
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:29 AM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] DataView (extentions)

I'd love to see this (along w/ an example or two on usage) ;)

On 3/15/06, Frank Silbermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

I have come up with my own subclass of DataTable and implementation of IDataProvider to display any arbitrary database java.sql.ResultSet.  The basic idea is that my IDataProvider implementation contains a List of rows, each row consisting of a List of Object.  Also in the implementation is an array of descriptors, one per column, each of which contains the column name and an indicator as to whether I want to be able to sort on that column.  (The column name comes from the ResultSetMetadata; a method is provided to set the sortability flag.)  My implementation of the abstract method to deliver a sequence of rows will delegate to the List.sublist() command from the Java Collections API, and each time the DataTable delivers a sort criteria I apply the Collections.sort() method to my list of rows, passing it a Comparator that delegates to the Comparator of the Object at the relevant column index.  My implementation of IDataProvider can also look at my array of column descriptors and generate a list of IColumn objects (needed to construct the DataTable).

It's actually a bit more complicated than that, because  sometimes the user needs to add one or more summary rows or add computed columns.

The code is actually quite compact; when I'm finished I'll post it to the list if there is any interest.