I frequently have the need to filter the elements in a ListView.. of
course I can filter elements before passing them to ListView by creating
a new List, but it seems a lot cleaner to have an accept() method, just
like in IFeedbackMessageFilter or whatever.

ie:

add( new ListView( "list", myList ) ) {
    public void onPopulateItem( ListItem item ) { ... }
    public boolean accept( ListItem item ) {
        return ((MyEntity)item.getModel()).isActive();
    }
}

Would this be trivial to add to the ListView component?

ie:

Aaron