Janne will try to answer some more later, but JSR 168 is support is
built in Wicket in a basic version. It uses a page per portlet, so if
you have four wicket portlets in your portal, you'll have four wicket
pages. The match is there.

I think it basically works, but is a bit rough in the sense that it
doesn't have specific support for portlet modes etc, and to my
knowledge, other than the other parts of Wicket, there isn't any
project the core team is running to eat our own dog food.

For the rest, I'll gladly let Janne and Ate answer. Same for what
portal environment has good CMS features etc.

Eelco