Hi,

Wicket's native portlet support is still a work in progress, but so far it works fine. So far I have only done some testing with it (see wicket-portlet-examples subproject), but I'm expecting to start a real world application based on it in a month or two. So far I have tested running the examples on Apache JetSpeed2 and Liferay.

I committed the support for portlet modes and window states today (so they will not make it to the wicket 1.2.1, but are available on the 1.2 branch on the svn), and the basic portlet support is pretty much complete now. There is a couple of pending issues on my TODO list, but they are not going to change the actual functionality.

Actually, opposed to what Eelco said, portlet matches a wicket application, so a portlet can contain multiple pages, and for example setResponsePage functions in the portlets exactly as in the normal web pages. Also, for different window states (like normal or maximized), you can have different wicket pages.

I believe wicket would fit nice on your project, if you don't mind the fact the portlet support has not yet been tested in any real world projects.

What CMS framework are you going to use?

Janne