I am an absolut begginer to Wicket, but in RuyCorner.com (which is a
Blog Directory and not a Vertical Search engine) people suscribe and
register their blogs,  and we try to enforce that people use their
Ruby/Rails specific feeds that most CMS can provide without a problem.

Just an idea...

--
Aníbal Rojas
http://www.rubycorner.com