i guess it is not something that we support right now, but something that is cleary needed. we need to build a resource that can load a css file, parse for images, replace them, and then serve the altered content.

i know almaw has been working on something like this but i dont know how far he got. a patch would be welcome, if not then i guess you will have to wait until one of the core devels has the time.

even a patch to parse css and figure out where the paths are would be very helpful.

-Igor