Ajax calls and history just don't play nice together. Every link on page
has a version information in it. If you make an ajax request, increase
page version and replace component on page, all links on page would
point to previous version, so every link (except on the replaced
component) you click will revert the history.

Therefore all ajax call must be unversioned. There's not much to do
about it.

-Matej