I eventually could not reproduce the problem in a test case. However, I
have been able (??) to produce another problem of the same kind, ie
something that does not work the same in IE6 and Firefox. In fact, it
works fine in FireFox and produces an error in IE6. The example is a
ListView that is updated through Ajax. No problem in Firefox. In IE6,
the Ajax Debug Windows displays :

ERROR: error while processing response: [object Error].Erreur
d'exécution inconnue
  INFO: invoking failure handler...

(The part which is in french means "unknown runtime error")

Do you want me to send the test case ? If you do, can you tell me what
to send exactly ? A self contained working archive of the quickstart
project is about 3Mb. Is that OK ?

Pierre-Yves