I use the following CSS code to center a page in a browser

wrap{
color:#404040;
width:970px;
margin:10px auto;
padding:0;
}

Using it a simple html page, the code works with Firefox 1.5.0.6, Internet
Explorer 6.0.2 and Opera 9.01

Now when I use the code in a wicket application the page renders correctly
with Firefox and Opera but not Internet Explorer. IE cannot center the page.

This is strange for it works in a simple test html page with IE.

Is wicket to blame? Is it generating extra html markup that is causing IE to
act strangely? (yet I cannot see anything odd upon examining the source
code)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!