Yes, Alfresco is a nice looking product, but it suffers from the same
problems that all other open source Java based CMS' do - minimal third
party development.  Joomla, Drupal, Typp3, etc ... have so much third
party development support, it's incredible!  Anytime I've used Joomla
for example, and thought "man, I wish I could do this ...", 5 minutes
of Google searching later, and I have an already developed Joomla
component that meets my needs!  (mind you third party components are
not always coded with the highest standards, but they are definitely a
starting point)

One more large point against Alfresco ... it doesn't use Wicket!!!! :-)

Thanks!
Hugh.