aBook and anAuthor are RecordCandidate instances.
RecordCandidates are not pojo's, just structures used
to represent the data behind a pojo, for the purpose
of forming a query.

aBook.getAuthor() would not compile because
RecordCandidate has no getAuthor method.

-geoff

--- Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I also read your blog, and it sounds very
> interesting.
>
> Just a quick question (probably should've done so on
> the blog though):
>
> Does it hold that after getting a book and author
> from the results that:
>     aBook.getAuthor() == anAuthor
> and/or
>     aBook.getAuthor().equals(anAuthor)
> ?
>
> Martijn
>
> On 8/27/06, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > another interesting problem i find with identity
> in full blown orms is that
> > it can cause a nasty cascade of loading object
> graph when using "business"
> > identity instead of db identity.
> >
> > if you have school->semester->class relationships
> and you do not want to
> > depend on db identity which is the "recommended"
> way most likely you will
> > have
> >
> > class.equals(class other) {

this.name.equals(other.name)&&this.semester.equals(other.semster);

=== message truncated ===