You're right the page method afterCallComponent could be used, just I was looking for something like a superclass hook method that could be called by the framework after some processing occurred (in my case after a submit).
In the case for the generic callback I was thinking of something that could be plugged in, instead of having a pair of methods for each step (onBefore../after...),
I'm not sure if it makes sense, maybe an interface callback approach could also be useful.

Jaime.

Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The page hook could be of useful for a submit button but maybe not for a link.

how do you figure?

Perhaps, I'm not sure, but a generic callback mechanism could be added to the Component class, so pre and post processor could be added for the event listener methods (onSubmit(), onClick(), etc).

we already have them and they have all been listed in this thread. i dont think we need more, in fact i think we already have too many.