The problem is that if we keep on adding such hooks, Wicket's API will
be monstrous. Unless it's a real common use case, we shouldn't
directly supporting it. Besides the options that we gave (my favorite
would be to replace the IRequestCycleProcessor, and let it call
methods of an interface if that is implemented by the targetted
component), you can always work with your own hierarchy of components
that finalize the interface method and dispatch it, while decorating
with before/after/whatever methods.

Eelco