you're right, I browsed the source code of Form and Button and it's just like that. The findSubmittingButton method is protected and final so unfortunely It's of no use in this case. I guess that I'll check another way to tackle this thing, maybe the simplest is to subclass a couple of class MyButton and MyLink and have the subclasses call the superclass event handler first. Thanks a lot again,

Jaime.

Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
yes because the event is raised on the form not the button, thats how http works. the form then forwards the onsubmit to the button. seee findSubmittingButton() in the form, too bad its not public otherwise you couldve used it directly.

-Igor