Willie,

It appears that somehow you have a wicket-1.1 dependency in your
application. What other libraries do you use in your project?

wicket-contrib-dojo, wicket-contrib-scriptaculous, etc?

Martijn

On 9/16/06, Willie Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am brand new to wicket, so excuse a possible stupid question. I downloaded
> wicket-1.2.2 and created a basic page and application, just so I get started
> evaluating wicket. However, I get an error from Tomcat when the application
> starts up:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: wicket/AjaxHandler
>
> I have googled and tried the mailing list archive without success. All I
> could establish was that the AjaxHandler class has been removed from wicket
> at some point. I have only the latest distribution files of wicket, and
> somewhere something is still trying to use this missing class. The basic
> application and page I have created does nothing but add a Label component.
> It cannot be made any simpler.
>
> I am not using the quickstart project as a starting point. I just created a
> blank web project in eclipse, copied the wicket libs and dependancies to the
> right place and started from scratch.
>
> Any help/pointers will be greatly appreciated. I am very keen to get over
> this hurdle, because it seems like it might be the first component-based web
> framework I might consider using. After a frustrating start, however, I am
> close to defaulting back to whatever I used previously, but don't want to
> give up too quickly, just now I miss out on a possible good thing just
> because of one frustrating day. I have to at least get my hands dirty on a
> small app before reaching a verdict.
>
> Thanks in advance for feedback

Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! New Ajax components: Tree, TreeTable and ModalWindow
-- http://wicketframework.org