It appears that under some conditions, the script associated with the
date picker in the HTML is not executed when the HTML is loaded through
Ajax. So Calendar.setup never get called.

I could not figure what those secific conditions are. (In a simple use
case, it works without problem.) Any idea where to look for?

Pierre-Yves